Attendance target - 96%
We have a clear strategy in place to support the children and families with attendance. It is important to remember that every day counts and supports children's progress and outcomes.
The strategy we use is a traffic light system explained in the poster above and our attendance policy.
We recognise that in these difficult times during a pandemic we must also follow the guidance stated Nationally in relation to Covid-19 isolation expectations.
If you have any questions in relation to our attendance policy and practice please speak to Sarah Dunlop
In line with our traffic light systems we recognise attendance success in the following ways:
- 100% from Sept to end of each half term - postcard home
- 100% for a term - raffle draw for a voucher.
- Weekly celebration certificates for all classess above school target 96%
- Letters home to celebrate moving up on the traffic lights and thank families for their support
The following monitoring strategies are in place to support families to improve attendance:
- Barriers to learning meetings with identified families to support improving attendance.
- Letters home to highlight areas of concern.
- Relevant referrals to multi agencies e.g. school nurse service, Early Help to support families improve attendance
- Weekly meetings with Deputy Headteacher and Pastoral Manager
Ongoing concerns and persistent absence
- Relevant referrals to the attendance team are made e.g. Fast track, unauthorised holidays in term time fine etc.
- Continued weekly monitoring meetings with Deputy Headteacher and Pastoral Manager
- Letters home
- Year on year monitoring of persistent absence
We always consider the individual family circumstances in relation to attendance to ensure a fair and supportive approach for each family as we work together to improve attendance and meet the school target of 96%. When necessary we seek advice and action relevant steps which in some cases means we take families to court if the situation does not improve.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CHILD ACHIEVE:
- Ensure your child attends school EVERY DAY unless your child is ill. If they are ill please ensure that you inform the school ASAP by calling 0121 464 9228 (press option 1) Only keep them home if they are really unable to attend.
- Phone school EVERY morning that your child is absent so that our attendance records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Make sure your child arrives on time by 9.00am! Children who are late to school not only miss vital lesson time but also disrupt learning for other members of the class too. Our doors open from 8.50am so there really is no excuse to be late.
- If your child is late into school (after 9am) it is vitally important that they are signed in at the School Office. DO NOT TRY TO ACCESS THE SCHOOL VIA ANY OTHER ENTRANCE!
- Make sure that we have all the correct contact details so that we can contact you about illnesses, absence or in case of emergencies.
- Take your family holidays during school holiday times.
- Celebrate attendance with us when you recieve a postcard or letter thanking you for improvements in attendance.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT YOU MUST PHONE US ASAP
0121 464 9228 (Option 1)