Message to Welford's children and families from the Leadership Team - 01.04.2021
Thanks to our wonderful school community for your support during these challenging times. We have really enjoyed having the whole school back together over the last month and seeing the corridors and classrooms filled with learning and the happiness that our children bring to the building.
Congratulations to all our Gold Book children who were selected by their teachers for their brilliance in class and home this half term. It was a pleasure to go around and award certifcates and books to these amazing children. We are all extremely proud of them! (Please look out for their pictures in our online gallery at the start of next term)
I wish the staff a well deserved break-you’ve been brilliant.
Happy holidays to EVERYONE from myself, the Governors and Welford Staff.
Enjoy family fun and stay safe.
Mrs Foster, Mrs Barnes, Mrs Kirk, Mr Reid and Mr Wills
DECORATE AN EGG CHALLENGE UPDATE
Thank you for all the children ... and parents/carers/big siblings etc ... who enthusiastically entered our Decorate an Egg Challenge competition.
We were amazed by the range and quality of the egg designs, and found judging a really tough decision, but the winners have been announced, and received their prizes, in class today.
We look forward to sharing pictures of some of the best entries with you at the start of the Summer term.
Birmingham Holiday Activities: Easter Programme 2021
|HAF letter to families 22.03.21.pdf||Download|
COVID-19 Lateral Flow Test
Returning to School Safely - A letter from Dr Varney, Director of Public Health
Please read below the letter from the leader of Birmingham City Council, Councillor Ward, to Birmingham's Schools and families this week.
HELP WITH SUBMITTING YOUR CHILDREN'S WORK ON CLASS DOJO
If anyone is struggling to submit their children's work on Class Dojo please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Make sure you are on your child's student account, not your parent account, using the drop down menu in the top left of your device.
2. Now press on the Activities button (even if it says 0 activities).
3. You can then press on any portfolio activities set and submit your response in the form of text, a photo or a video.
4. If there are no activities set, or the task has been set on class story, then press on the blue + or Create new button and you can then upload a journal (including a voice recording), photo, video or drawing to their class teacher. For example, if they have been given a writing task they would complete this on paper, then upload a photo of their work using the blue + or Create new button (along with perhaps a text comment or voice recording).
5. This will then be sent automatically to their class teacher and will appear in the My Portfolio section with a yellow Pending sign until the teacher has had a chance to approve it.
These two videos have also been made to support you in submitting work:
Hope this helps and don't hesitate to contact us if you are still having issues.
Please find below the full guidance from the government for what you can and cannot do during the latest National lockdown.
Thank you for all your support this term around the measures we have put in place to keep school as safe as possible during these worrying and difficult times.
Just a reminder that when we return to school, please continue to be extra vigilant around the COVID symptoms including the ancillary symptoms of nausea, sickness, dizziness, extreme fatigue, runny nose/sneezing/sore throat, vomiting and diarrhoea.
If your child displays any of these symptoms please get a test and do not send them into school.
For the latest flowchart on managing Covid 19 in schools and other educational settings please see the link below:
CORONA VIRUS INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19), you can ask for a test to check if you have the virus by clicking on the NHS website link below:
If you need support click on the link below:
Food Banks / Clothes Banks Information for Parents
Please can parents be extra vigilant and monitor what their children are doing online. The government has asked us to make you aware of the following link for Safeguarding Advice for Remote Learning:
Please follow the above link to find a range of resources and websites that will help
support our children's learning at home during the extended school closure (due to the Covid-19 outbreak).
Please find below the weblinks to some of our latest story times to share at home:
The Scarecrow: https://www.loom.com/share/6ef5adda3bae46898ed876d7e7c02073
Something Else: https://www.loom.com/share/871f656365a34626a097acc7528f604c
Welcome to Welford
Mrs Foster-Head Teacher
Contact Mrs Foster by:
Phone - 0121 464 9228
e-mail - email@example.com
Welcome to Welford Primary School’s website.
At Welford we believe:
"Diversity Is Our Strength & Together We Succeed"
At Welford we are committed to:
- Building a strong partnership between school, home and the community which ensures all children are given the opportunity to achieve success and be the best they can be in all they do
- Being a caring, safe and inclusive school where everyone is respectful, responsible and ready to learn and where everyone understands their rights and responsibilities under the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child
- Offering a broad and balanced curriculum that engages and challenges all children whilst also meeting their diverse needs
- Fostering an open, friendly school community where everyone has a voice that is listened to and a voice that can positively influence change
- Developing self-confident, motivated and resilient children who are ready for the next step of their learning journey
Please meet our Deputy Head and SENCO
Contact Mrs Barnes by:
Phone - 0121 464 9228
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on inclusion please see our SEND page
Latest School Events
- INSET DAY - School Closed to Pupils19Apr2021
- START OF SUMMER 120Apr2021