Free School Meals
All children from Reception - Year 2 are now eligible for a free school meal regardless of income. Please speak to the office if you would like to receive a free meal for your child.
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child (of any school age) is also eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If your application for Free School Meals is successful, Welford Primary School will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can:
- Apply online at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham
- Ask at reception for details