A very important message for all Parents/Carers
The staff and Governing Body use a range of strategies to promote and reward good attendance. These include; class attendance award presented in weekly achievement assembly, separate award for juniors and Infants. Excellent attenders are acknowledged each half term in school’s Gold Book Assembly, their names are added to the Attendance Tree in the Drama Hall. A Raffle prize is awarded at the end of each term during school’s Gold Book Assembly. Improvement in both attendance and punctuality is acknowledged.
Attendance and punctuality will be promoted throughout the year in assemblies and newsletters.
Please remember: School has a duty of care to monitor attendance, track and challenge where children are missing in education and if necessary take advice from other professionals. Where necessary we take families to court if the situation does not improve.
If we all work together we can give all our Welford children the education they are entitled to!
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CHILD ACHIEVE:
- Ensure your child attends school EVERY DAY unless your child is ill. If they are ill please ensure that you inform the school ASAP by calling 464 9228 (press option 1) Only keep them home if they are really unable to attend.
- Phone school EVERY morning that your child is absent so that our attendance records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Make sure your child arrives on time by 9.00am! Children who are late to school not only miss vital lesson time but also disrupt learning for other members of the class too. Our doors open from 8.50am so there really is no excuse to be late.
- If your child is late into school (after 9am) it is vitally important that they are signed in at the school office. DO NOT TRY TO ACCESS THE SCHOOL VIA ANY OTHER ENTRANCE!
- Make sure that we have all the correct contact details for you so that we can contact you about illnesses or absence.
- Take your family holidays during school holidays.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT YOU MUST PHONE US ASAP
464 9228 (Option 1)